Everything you need to know about the shapewear you'll need after BBL surgery
Oct 09,2023 | ChicCurve
What is a BBL?
A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is a type of cosmetic surgery aimed at enhancing and enlarging the shape and size of the buttocks, making them fuller, rounder, and more curvaceous. The name of this procedure originates from its popularity and development in Brazil.
The Brazilian Butt Lift typically involves the following steps:
- Fat Extraction: Firstly, the surgeon will extract fat from other areas of the body such as the waist, abdomen, or thighs using liposuction techniques, such as fat aspiration.
- Fat Purification: The extracted fat undergoes a series of purification processes to remove unwanted components such as oils, blood, and other impurities.
- Fat Grafting: The purified fat is then injected into specific areas of the buttocks to increase their volume and shape. The surgeon uses thin, elongated syringes to gradually inject fat cells into the buttock tissues to achieve the desired outcome.
Through this method, the Brazilian Butt Lift not only improves the shape and size of the buttocks but also elevates their position and tightens the skin through fat grafting, resulting in a more firm and youthful appearance in the entire buttock area.
However, it's important to note that the Brazilian Butt Lift is a surgical procedure that carries certain risks and complications. Before considering this surgery, it's advisable to consult with a professional plastic surgeon to learn about the details of the procedure, risks, and recovery process. Additionally, it's crucial to ensure selecting a qualified medical facility and experienced surgeon to perform the surgery.
Regarding the time and precautions that need to be taken to wear faja after BBL surgery
After BBL surgery, it is common for doctors to recommend that patients wear compression garments. Here are some reasons for wearing compression garments:
- Compression garments help reduce swelling: BBL surgery often leads to swelling in the treated area. Wearing tight-fitting compression garments applies gentle pressure to the surgical area, aiding in reducing swelling and edema.
- Compression garments help maintain surgical results: BBL surgery involves transferring fat to the buttocks to improve their shape and size. Wearing compression garments can help keep the transplanted fat in place and enhance its integration with the surrounding tissues, contributing to achieving longer-lasting surgical outcomes.
- Compression garments help sculpt body contours: Compression garments can assist in shaping the contours of the buttocks and body, making them more symmetrical and firm. They provide moderate pressure and support, contributing to enhancing the postoperative appearance of the body.
- Compression garments aid in the recovery process: Wearing compression garments provides a certain level of support and stability, helping to reduce discomfort and pain, and promoting the healing process in the surgical area. They also minimize friction and irritation, contributing to alleviating postoperative discomfort.
Please note that specific requirements for wearing compression garments after surgery may vary based on the doctor's recommendations. The postoperative care and duration of using compression garments may differ depending on individual variations and surgical techniques. Therefore, it is best to consult with your plastic surgeon to obtain detailed advice and guidance regarding wearing compression garments.
Can I wear shapewear for a long time after BBL?
While wearing shapewear or compression garments after BBL surgery is generally recommended, it's important to follow your doctor's specific instructions regarding the duration of use. Typically, patients are advised to wear compression garments for a certain period of time, usually a few weeks to a few months, depending on individual circumstances and the extent of the surgery.
Wearing shapewear or compression garments for an extended period beyond the recommended duration may not be advisable. Prolonged use of compression garments can potentially interfere with blood circulation and impede the natural healing process. It's essential to allow your body time to recover and adjust after surgery.
It's best to consult with your plastic surgeon regarding the appropriate duration for wearing shapewear or compression garments after your BBL surgery. They will provide specific guidelines based on your individual case and ensure that you achieve the best possible results while prioritizing your health and safety.
ChicCurve's very popular Faja recommendation
Women's Chest-Packed Body Shaper Postpartum Fajas Colombianas
High Double Compression Garment Hook And Eye Closure Adjustable Bodysuit
Tummy Control Butt Lifter Thigh Slimmer Plus Size Faja with Zipper Crotch
Fajas Colombianas Butt Lifter Shapewear Shorts Crotch with Zipper
Liposculpture Invisible Girdle High-back Short - Light Line